The game of golf is not such an easy one. There are lot of aspects to it and the most important one is the type of club to use. Let us discuss in this post what are the different types of clubs in a golf bag? Maybe we can understand them better and their uses:-
- Woods: – These are the must have clubs in a golf bag. These clubs are used for hitting long distance shots. Earlier these clubs were made of wood but now with changing times they are now usually made of steel, titanium alloy, or carbon-resin making them more affordable. Woods are the longest club and can be used more easily than a driver. Although if you are an experienced golfer than you can also use a driver which at times are expensive but you can shop at Tour Shop Fresno discount driver heads for good deals. There are 1 wood which for beginners is driver and now manufacturers are making 7-woods, 9-woods and even 11-woods
- Irons: – Irons are used for making the shorter shots that is from the fairway to the green. Earlier on they were made from iron so they got this name, now the lighter versions are in use. They come in two categories known as cavity back and blades. In cavity back the rear end is hollowed out so that it has a convex face whereas in blade style the rear of the head has the full back. These are mostly used by experienced golfers. There are different sets of iron like 3-iron, 4-iron, 5-iron, 6-iron, 7-iron, 8-iron, and 9-iron. One does not need to buy them at one go. You can build your collection over the time as you gain experience.
- Wedges: – Wedges are the game changers in a game of golf. These are used for shorter and softer shots. There are different types of wedges known as pitching wedge, A-wedge, sand wedge and lob wedge. All these are used for making different types of shots as they have lofts ranging from 45° to 64°. The best shot with a wedge can be made if the ball is in center of the stance.
- Putters: – These are the most used clubs in the golf bag and have the most available varieties in the market. Putters have flat face and a very low loft. They are mainly used for playing in the greens but at times around the greens as well which is known as the fringe area. The main function of the putters regardless of the shape and size is to make the ball roll smoothly. Although they have huge variety available in the market in this segment of golf clubs but there is no perfect one as such. Each player has his or her own preference when it comes to putters. One has to find their own perfect club on their own which suits their game personality.
- Hybrids: – These are the newest clubs in the game. Hybrid clubs are a cross between a wood and an iron club. They are also known by the name of utility clubs or rescue clubs. They are used more by recreational golfers since hybrid clubs are much easier to use than long iron ones. Hybrids are numbered like irons and these numbers depict the iron which they replace. Like for example, a 3-hybrid is named because it replaces a 3-iron.
Well these are the types of clubs one can find in a golf bag. More details on them or how to use them or when to use them will be a topic for another post. For now let we will leave you with the types only.